The R2lab Tutorials
Let's get you started
All this contents is accessible through the TUTORIALS INDEX dropdown that appears on the upper right end of the navbar, in all the tutorial pages.
- All information about how to register and schedule a node
Shell tools available in the R2lab gateway
- Discover how to do basic control of the nodes by logging in at the
faraday.inria.frgateway from a regular
- how to check for the nodes status, leases, images, and phones even.
Examples of experimentation scripts with
- How to install
nepi-ngon your laptop
nepi-ng: the basics - a.k.a. the A series
- A couple examples to get started with the
- A1 : simplest way to run a simple ping from
- A2 : same functions, but can pass a slice name on the command line
- A3 : run the ping from a node instead of from the gateway
- A4 : check for a valid reservation
- A5 : run ping between two nodes inside the chamber, on the wired network
nepi-ng : wireless - a.k.a. the B series
- A few more pings to see how one can initialize and configure wireless links
- B1 : like A5, but on a wireless ad hoc network
- B2 : same scenario, simplified by using
- B3 : same scenario, but extract all the shell code in a single external file
- B4 : add an infinite loop that prints out TICK every second
nepi-ng : file exchange - a.k.a. the C series; a full loop doing file transfers, i.e.:
- A set of examples that deal with file transfers, using SFTP to and from the nodes; and that show an example of file transfer between two nodes
- C1 : a random file is produced locally, and pushed on one node,
- C2 : then transferred to a second node using netcat over the wired network,
- C3 : and retrieved back on the local laptop where it is compared with the original;
- C4 : this extended version knows how to load images on the nodes before running C3.
- C2bis : a variant on C2, that deals with a service that is started and stopped in sync with another job
Guidelines for troubleshooting a nepi-ng script
- COMMON_MISTAKES how to check for common mistakes
- CODE_UPDATE how to check your software environment
- VERBOSITY how to enable more verbosity
- MULTI_PING : dealing with any number of nodes, run pings between all couples of nodes.
- Some indications on the features present on R2lab to deploy experiments based on OpenAirInterface.
If you have any issue with this tutorial, or with using R2lab more generally, please contact us at <code>email@example.com</code>
You can subscribe to that
fit-r2lab-users discussion list by sending
an email to
subscribe fit-r2lab-users in the
body of the message.
You can do this by simply clicking this link
We use the
#r2lab channel on freenode; also once you are logged into
the website, in the
RUN page, you will find on top of the page a
button that will let you join this chat room in a single click.