Latest news, infos and incidents...
Most recent first :
demos/subtree in the
r2labgithub repo was split and moved into a separated repo named r2lab-demos
- a mybinder shell has been setup to host notebooks in one-click, like e.g. our radiomap application
- some nodes feature a LimeSDR device
- so-called nightly procedure, that probes the testbed for failures, is reinstated to run on a bi-weekly basis
- some nodes now feature a USB-based LTE dongle
- the openair demo is given during the SIGCOMM-2017 demo session
- the Dell physical server that hosts the r2lab service VMs is upgraded and now runs a HTML5-based DRAC interface, causing a 2-hours scheduled outage of the testbed
- the radiomap demo gathers all-pairs communication conditions, see
visumapon how this can be visualized in a jupyter notebook
- Running new architecture based on PLCAPI instead of omf_sfa
- Previous contents (accounts, slices, keys...) has been migrated automatically
- Slice names have changed a little, to be completed
- All tutorials now point at
nepi-nginstead of deprecated
Slides available below:
- OpenAirInterface images for deploying infrastructures and eNodeB's are available under the names
u14.319-oai-enbfor eNodeB's and scramblers and such
u14.48-oai-gwfor infrastructure services like Home Subscriber Server (HSS) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- We have now 6 nodes equipped with USRP's
- We have been working on a replacement for NEPI
- We have published 2 python libraries on pypi
- We have our first workable script that uses this combination of tools for running an experiment on R2lab
- This new paradigm runs several times faster than the initial NEPI-based version.
- upgrade of the physical server
upgrade of its web companion VM
this means both hosts can take
- in the mix,
faradaynow runs on top of
- The R2lab team pays a visit to our colleagues of FIT/CorteXlab at INSA Lyon
- Both faulty nodes 4 and 18 are shipped back to Greece for troubleshooting by the manufacturer
- Node 18 is set aside and replaced with a spare node (no impact for users)
- All nodes deemed sustainably operational
- Nightly routine now is from 3a.m. until 4a.m.
- New tutorial video! Setting up an OpenAirInterface-based 5G infrastructure, and a tour in the chamber using Skype on a commercial NEXUS phone.
- Check it out, here
- Replacement of battery on nodes 7, 14, 18, 29 and 30 to deal with hang issues when restarting.
- The 3d printed boxes are ready to ship
- Start progressive rollout of a new layout for antennas
- Antennas to be aligned in a row, on a north-south line (relative to the livemap, not geographically)
- And spaces on a 3cm basis (although this seems a little too wide)
- Start Progressive deployment of Intel 5300 cards.
- Target is one Atheros and one Intel on each node
- Ordered 3d-printed boxes to contain cards as they cannot be seated inside the box
Feb 2 2016
- Reception of USRP-oriented extensions of the CMC cards
- Related firmware version is 3.2.
- Deployed on only a couple nodes for now
December 20, 2015
- Announcement of global availability; the testbed is now open to public use.
Deployment of rhubarbe as a replacement of
omf6for managing node images. New features include
- written in python 3 / asyncio which results in a single threaded asynchroneous application
- which makes it much more efficient than its ruby ancestor (can load all 37 nodes in parallel without a glitch)
- and more reliable too (always exits if timeout expires for any reason)
- includes a tool to wait for all nodes to be responsive (
- and to inspect current reservations (
- as well as a monitoring tool (this is what feeds the livemap and livetable views
As a result, it is now possible for us to expose a single resource named
37nodesto the onelab portal, thus materializing the fact that the whole testbed is actually reserved
- availability of images based on fedora-23 and ubuntu-15.10
nitos_testbed_rcto run gem 2.0.3 again (with our patches for using latest frisbee) ; 2.0.4 is not working properly for us, loading images is even less reliable than 2.0.3.
- Announce availability to all FIT partners
- Software upgrade
omf_sfanow runs git hash
fd21d587of Sept. 8 - prior to that, R2Lab was using
752868919of Jul. 24
nitos_testbed_rcnow runs gem 2.0.4
- LabEx / Com4Innov meeting
- R2lab Platform Live Map : we are working to finish a live map information of the R2Lab platform.
R2lab Platform Status : from today is possible follow the tech details of R2lab platform.
We are monitoring some information from the nodes in the anechoic chamber. Have a look at our status page for details.
July 9 2015
- FIT Meeting in Paris.